Mission Statement

Bearing Witness to Local Natural History-- from the wildness of Indiana








Friday, October 7, 2011

Burkhart Creek Park Wetland Development

Recently I visited Burkhart Creek Park to check on the construction of the wetland. This is an area that was a wetland already but is being "enhanced" I do not have the history about it but when I find out, I will pass the info on here on my blog. These three photos below were taken on September 30, 2011.


                                          ©Joni L. James


                                          ©Joni L. James


                                          ©Joni L. James

Wetlands are my favorite habitat/ecosystem. There is such plant & animal diversity in these areas. I am excited and pleased that a wetland is being constructed here. I look forward to watching it develop and flourish. It will be a great place to photograph and study/observe. Below is an image I photographed on August 30, 2011 before construction. You can see wetland vegetation such as the willow trees, sycamores, and sedges & rushes.


                                          ©Joni L. James
                                         

No comments: