Mission Statement

Bearing Witness to Local Natural History-- from the wildness of Indiana








Saturday, July 28, 2012

Fleeting Mink

What a surprise today! I just returned from visiting Sodalis Nature Park in Hendricks County. I stopped by this lovely park after running an errand at Mooresville. I was doing some macro photography work along the dam with Chicory and other wildflowers when suddenly I saw a dark figure scurrying among the plants on the top of the dam-- an American Mink! It quickly walked along the dam and then pause to look around. It was very difficult to see among all the vegetation, and of course I only had my 105mm macro lens on the camera at that moment. These are elusive mammals, so to get a look at one was a gift.


Below is a quick image I was able to take. Not a good photo but you can at least tell what it is.

American Mink at Sodalis Nature Park           ©Joni L. James

No comments: